about the exhibit
Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out, the first interactive exhibit based on the award-winning film, helps visitors – young and old – understand the important role emotions, memory and imagination play in our everyday lives. Focusing on the five core emotions featured in Disney and Pixar’s Inside Out – Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear – hands-on and digital experiences in the exhibit offer opportunities to explore some of the ways we express our emotions – and recognize emotions in others, too.
- Step into Headquarters to explore the range and intensity of emotions at the Control Panel.
- Explore some of the ways we show how we feel with our faces and bodies at the Emotions Mirrors.
- Think about an important memory and how it made you feel – or show how you are feeling right now by creating a glowing Memory Sphere.
- Use your imagination to create a story and perform it at Dream Productions.
- Work to keep the train on track – what feelings do you have when you control and balance the Train of Thought.
- Explore how emotions work together as you stack and balance the Emotion Blocks.
- The exhibition was developed by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios.
Cost: $85,000 plus inbound shipping
Size: 2,000 – 2,500 sq. ft.
Subjects: Branded Characters, Social Emotional Learning, Pretend Play
Spring 2022 — Booked : Museum of Science, Boston, MA
Summer 2022 — Booked : Discovery Cube, LA, Smylar, CA
Fall 2022 — Booked : National Children's Museum, Washington DC.
Spring 2023 — Booked : Please Touch Museum, Philadelphia, PA
Summer 2023 — Booked : Minnesota Children's Museum, St. Paul, MN
Fall 2023 — Booked : Atlanta Children’s Museum, Atlanta, GA
Spring 2024 — Booked : The Indianapolis Children's Museum, Indianapolis, IN
Summer 2024 — Available
Fall 2024 — Booked : Kansas Children's Discovery Center, Topeka, KS
Spring 2025 — Available
Summer 2025 — Booked : The DoSeum, San Antonio, TX