Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out
explore the important role emotions, memory and imagination play in our everyday lives. Hands-on and digital experiences help visitors recognize emotions and manage emotions.
about the exhibit
Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out, the first interactive exhibit based on the award-winning film, helps visitors – young and old – understand the important role emotions, memory and imagination play in our everyday lives. Focusing on the five core emotions featured in Disney and Pixar’s Inside Out – Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear – hands-on and digital experiences in the exhibit offer opportunities to explore some of the ways we express our emotions – and recognize emotions in others, too.
- Step into Headquarters to explore the range and intensity of emotions at the Control Panel.
- Explore some of the ways we show how we feel with our faces and bodies at the Emotions Mirrors.
- Think about an important memory and how it made you feel – or show how you are feeling right now by creating a glowing Memory Sphere.
- Use your imagination to create a story and perform it at Dream Productions.
- Work to keep the train on track – what feelings do you have when you control and balance the Train of Thought.
- Explore how emotions work together as you stack and balance the Emotion Blocks.
- The exhibition was developed by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios.
|COST:||$85,000 plus inbound shipping|
|SIZE:||2,000–2,500 sq. ft.|
|SUBJECT(S):||Branded Characters, Social emotional learning, Art, Pretend play|
Summer 2021 — Booked : Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Fall 2021 — Booked : Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Spring 2022 — Booked : Museum of Science, Boston, MA
Summer 2022 — Booked : Discovery Cube, LA, Smylar, CA
Fall 2022 — Available
Spring 2023 — Booked : Please Touch Museum, Philadelphia, PA
Summer 2023 — Available
Fall 2023 — Booked : Atlanta Children’s Museum, Atlanta, GA
Spring 2024 — Available
Summer 2024 — Available
Fall 2024 — Available
Case Study: An interactive mirror that recognizes emotionsvisage technologies
Emotions at Play with Pixar's Inside Out, Collaboration Between Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and Pixar Animation Studios, Make World Premierelearn more
Children’s Museum partners with Target on nationwide toy launchNext Pittsburgh
XOXO: The Healing Power of Love and Forgivenesslearn more
Children's Museum Collaborates on New Learning Environment with Seneca Valley School Districtpgh business times